Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Mini-Lesson #42- Believing In Your Abilities

Good Morning!  Today we will use the book Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae to talk more about growth mindset, self talk, and encouraging each other.

Follow Up Activities:

  • Gerald thought that he couldn't dance but, with encouragement from the cricket and some self-confidence, found that he had his own unique and awesome dance style.  Fill in these blanks for yourself: 
    • I use to think I couldn't__________________ and now I know I can______________.  Example:  I use to think I couldn't sit still long enough to meditate and now I know I can with practice and patience.  
    • What changed?  Example: I found a meditation teacher and I practiced every day.  
  • What positive messages do you need to give yourself today?  Write them down and keep them close to remind yourself throughout the day.  
  • The cricket played an important role in helping Gerald find his confidence and belief in himself.  How will you encourage others today?  

No comments:

Post a Comment