The end of the school year can be a stressful time. Today let's learn about stress and how to manage it! First watch this Health Science video for kids about stress.
Now watch my video mini-lesson!
Follow Up Activities:
- Stress can be helpful. Write or talk to someone about a time that stress actually helped you get something done or try something new.
- Here is a list of the strategies Mrs. G recommends when your stress level is high. Which strategies work for you when you feel stressed? Draw or write about them!
- Take some deep breaths or use a breathing strategy like square breathing.
- Check in with yourself. What is your stress level?
- Make a list of the things that are causing you stress. This could end up being a to-do list that can help you organize your time.
- Make time for stress relief! Examples:
- Time outside
- Reading or writing
- Drawing or music
- Time with friends or family
- Give yourself kind messages! Examples:
- "I am doing the best I can!"
- "One thing at a time."
- "I got this!"
- Talk to an adult that you trust about your stress. This may involve problem solving or taking things off your plate.