Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Mini-Lesson #19- Be Your Own Best Friend!

 Today we continue learning about the power of our thoughts.  When we are struggling it is so important that we talk to ourselves like we would talk to a good friend.  We need to show ourselves love, support, and compassion!


Follow Up Activities:

  • Imagine a friend telling you that they are struggling and having a hard time with remote learning.  What would you say to them?  How would you show them that you care?  
  • The messages that we give ourselves are SO powerful, especially when things are feeling hard.  How can you be a better friend to yourself?  What kind message do you need to hear?  Say it to yourself right now and write it down so you can remember to repeat it daily!
    • Mrs. G's examples for herself:  I am doing my best and that is enough.  I deserve a break and a deep breath!  I matter and am doing good work for Pond Cove kids.  
  • Are you needing support?  Sometimes being your own best friend means getting help and support from adults.  Talk to adults at home and school and let them know you are struggling.  Reach out to me!  I am here for you!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment